Monday, February 27, 2012

Kafka

It has been a while since I've composed anything on this blog.  I have little defense for it other than the spark that usually initiates written word has been occupied elsewhere and I haven't found the energy needed to fully articulate my thoughts over the last few weeks.  First things first:
- Thank you to everyone who came to the show on Saturday in San Antonio.  You all were so supportive and made it quite a night to remember.  Thanks to our brothers (and lone sister) in Plutonian Shore, Birth A.D., Emperial Massacre, and Vesperian Sorrow for playing excellent sets, and to our friends in Hexlust (as well as my bandmate in Humut Tabal - Njord) who showed up to watch, among others.  The next Morgengrau show is March 24th at Headhunter's in Austin with War Master.  This will be a particularly notable gig because Humut Tabal will also be playing right across the street at Beerland. 

-In related news, Humut Tabal has been confirmed for the third annual Gathering of Bestial Vengeance festival in Dallas on November 17th.  We will be sharing the stage with many excellent bands, including one of my biggest influences - Divine Eve - so I await this date with great anticipation.  Other dates are being discussed, and they will be posted about as they draw closer.

- Although I placed a moratorium on Argeiphontes, a new project is taking form.  More details will be revealed as I see fit.  If I could offer any hints, I will say that compositionally, this new project is quite similar to Argeiphontes in terms of musical style (which makes sense seeing as how I am writing all of the material), although the energy and inspiration for it is completely different - for the best, mind you.  I am still seeking the right name for this project, and I am in talks with a few compatriots about collaboration.  Since I don't especially care about distributing any recordings for this project through a label (or distributing it at all outside of a few friends and allies), I am not sure why I am even writing about it.  Perhaps it is serving as a catharsis.  In any case, all will become clear eventually...

That is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment